Most people have jobs in the office. You spend five or six days of your life on that chair doing different tasks. If you do the math, that’s basically 90% of your whole year.
The office can be considered your second home. That is why it pays to keep it clean and tidy. Your mood can be affected by your office environment. It is important to have a clean working place. Many people obsess about the cleanliness of their homes but pay a little attention to the cleanliness of their workplace.
Benefits of a clean office
- Healthy employees – When employees are sick, they may work inefficiently or take a sick leave. You can prevent this by hiring a cleaning company or have an in-house staff that will regularly clean the facility. Proper cleaning will reduce the level of allergens that trigger asthma. Additionally, improved air filtration will reduce air pollutants by circulating clean air. Thus, respiratory infections and influenza will decline and foul odors will be eliminated. You can also provide hand sanitizers everywhere to help reduce the spread of germs.
- Corporate image and employee satisfaction – It is not comfortable to work in a messy environment. As mentioned earlier, the overall working environment can affect an employee’s mood. Your workplace should be clean all the time so that employees can be motivated to work. Other people also access your employees. Some of these are from government authorities, suppliers or potential investors. A clean workplace can give them the good impression that you are serious about your employees’ health and that cleanliness in your office is your priority.
- A clean workplace helps in the preservation of company assets- Office machinery and equipment need to be properly maintained to extend their useful life. You also need to clean your carpets, floor tiles, entrance mats to maintain their beauty and extend their useful life. Furnishings such as tables and chairs should be free of dust and scratches. Maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of your company assets will add to the good impression of your company. Clean facilities are not just a cost. They generate revenue.
Tips to keep your office space clean
- Create a schedule and stick to it – If you are working in an office for a while now, you should know that keeping it clean is important. Create a cleaning schedule and follow it. Include your colleagues so that it will be more fun.
- Keep basic cleaning supplies on hand- Some of the basic cleaning supplies you should always have in your office include:
- Disinfectant spray
- Clean clothes for wiping surfaces
- Dustpan and brush
- Detergent and sponges
- Mop and bucket
- Vacuum cleaner
- Kitchen hood cleaner
- Never leave boxes, packaging or other potential hazards lying around- It pays to be vigilant when keeping your office space clean and organized. Empty boxes, staple wires or scratch papers may cause potential hazards like cuts, slips, and falls. Create a small storage room for these things and organize them there. This will create more space for your office and it will make your office look more neat and tidy.